Working at Cytiva in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
At Cytiva you will be able to continuously improve yourself and us – working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates across 40 countries, Cytiva is a place where every day is a learning opportunity – so you can grow your career and expand your skills in the long term.
Cytiva is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Cytiva is investing in mechanistic modeling of chromatography as shown by our recent acquisition of GoSilico. As a result of this we are expanding our team with a Scientist/Research engineer to work with our experts in the application group focusing on developing processes for purification of monoclonal antibodies at Uppsala R&D. Do you have a passion for chromatography and mathematics? Then we would love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Perform chromatographic experiments in order to design purification processes of biomolecules.
- Be a part of a team in the field of mechanistic modeling of chromatographic processes.
- Critically evaluate data and its impact on modeling activities.
- Contribute to the development of mathematical models.
- Independently report accomplished tasks in writing or orally in internal systems and at meetings internally and with collaboration partners.
- Contribute to scientific presence presenting posters and orals at conferences.
Who you are
- Experienced in chromatography.
- Having an interest in, and good understanding of, mathematic models.
- Comfortable in the lab and enjoying the combination of lab work and more theoretical desk work.
- A Master’s degree within chemical engineering or corresponding.
- We are looking for someone with the drive and capability to initiate, plan, perform, analyze, document and present results to drive our projects forward.
- To succeed in this position, you are flexible and creative with a strong collaborative attitude, focusing both on results and customer needs.
The position is based at our site in Uppsala, Sweden.
For questions, please contact hiring manager Eva Heldin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.