Working at Cytiva in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
At Cytiva you will be able to continuously improve yourself and us – working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates across 40 countries, Cytiva is a place where every day is a learning opportunity – so you can grow your career and expand your skills in the long term.
Cytiva is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Cytiva is investing in mechanistic modeling of chromatography as shown by our recent acquisition of GoSilico. As a result we are now expanding our team with a Scientist who will work with our experts in the application group focusing on developing processes for purification of monoclonal antibodies at Uppsala R&D. Do you have a passion for chromatography and for understanding of the mechanisms behind a separation process? Then we would love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Plan, design and perform your own experiments and assist in planning of experiments in the group.
- Use the results from experimental work for mechanistic modeling aiming for the development of a protein purification protocol for e.g. monoclonal antibodies.
- Provide scientific and technical expertise for modeling of chromatographic processes, communicating results both internally and externally.
- Act as activity leader and field specialist reviewer.
- Act as a mentor and support peers with your expertise within the area of mechanistic modeling, and chromatography in general.
Who you are
- Experienced in mechanistic modeling, preferably in within chromatography.
- Strong experience and understanding of mathematic models.
- Knowledge of developing purification protocols, applicable to customer needs.
- PhD in biology, medicine, engineering or related Life Science field.
- Someone with the drive and capability to initiate, plan, perform, analyze, document and present results to drive our projects forward.
- In order to succeed in this position, you need to be flexible and creative, with a strong collaborative attitude, focusing on the customer needs and the results of your work.
- English, proficient in both oral and written communication.
The position is based at our Uppsala site.
For any questions you may have regarding this position, please contact hiring manager Eva Heldin, email@example.com.
Selection of candidates and interviews will be held continuously – we look forward to your application today!
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.